World Cup Soccer Day Camp is designed to offer each camper an enjoyable and rewarding experience. Basic fundamentals of the game are taught with an emphasis on individualized instruction. Campers are divided into groups based on grade, experience, and ability. Learning to work skillfully in a one vs. one encounter will be emphasized, with small group play and full sided play to follow. Camp is a great blend of serious soccer and fun!
Technical Skills Emphasized
The morning sessions are devoted to individual technical skill drills: finishing, passing, receiving, dribbling, etc. The campers will work in small groups with their instructor at various training stations. In the afternoon the concentration is on team tactics. The camper works with his/her team on concepts of attacking the goal and defending, including the importance of restarts (corner kicks, free kicks, throw ins, etc.) in team development. In addition, field clinics, various training and game videos, and special contests occur daily. Every day an exciting and fun recognition ceremony takes place to award the contest winners and runner-ups an attractive custom designed medal. Camp also includes specialized goalkeeper instruction on technique and tactics. Goalkeepers may work separately in the morning, followed by team play in the afternoon session. At week’s end a written player evaluation and personalized certificate are given to each camper at closing ceremonies.
The cost of each camp session is $160.00. The fee includes insurance and a custom camp t-shirt (new design every year). Upon receipt of the application, a letter of verification is emailed to each registered camper.
To enroll online, complete the application form. Those who cannot attend for medical or other reasons prior to the opening of camp June 10, will be refunded the deposit/fee. Registration will take place at the Trinity School Athletic Center on Monday, June 10 and 17 at 8:30 a.m. The daily schedule is 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Enrollment is limited. Applications are accepted on a "first come, first serve" basis.
1. The camp is for boys and girls going into grades 1-9 in Fall 2019 (current 9th graders may participate provided they have no official high school team soccer experience).
2. Campers must provide their own lunches. The camp will provide refrigeration for lunches and a choice of cold beverage for each camper.
3. Each camper must bring their own ball.
4. Campers should bring a pair of sneakers and extra t-shirt on overcast days should rain force us inside (large indoor activity center available).
• Excellent instructional facilities - three soccer fields
• Tournaments and contests with awards in each grade
• Medal awards ceremony each morning
• FREE camp t-shirt for every camper
• Written camper evaluations
• Excellent staff/camper ratio
• Soccer Quiz Bowl